• 1 Post By Jav
  • 1 Post By KansasCityCats
  • 2 Post By BearDown05
  • 2 Post By Cat Fan09
  • 1 Post By The folo
  • 2 Post By TexAZCat

Thread: Spoiled

Rich Rod Spoiled

We all know that the expectations for the team this season have far been exceeded. Looking back at those loses against Stanfurd and OSU, we were a couple plays away from making a bold statement and having that Cinderella season. It's crazy to think really...KaDeem has no doubt had a blossoming season for Arizona and Austin Hill has been a stud aswell.

How about the facilitator of our CATS, RichRod was handed a Golden Egg when got the job. Matt Scott is the reason, along with RR's play calling, why the Cats are in the position they're in.

So I wonder....what happens next season at the QB spot?? There will be regression at the position you'd think...thoughts???

What can we expext next season once Matt "He's A Puker" Scott is gone?

Losing someone like Matt is never a positive for a program, but we do have some serious legit talents coming in. I think Solomon will push denker out as starting QB once next season comes. The Defense isn't good this year, but they are young and have been riddled with injuries. We don't lose much on the D side, and get some nice recruits to help with depth. We lose buckner, but keep hill and get back miller, we will be looking damn good on the receiving side. We will have next years Heisman as our ball carrier in Carey, and a more experienced, healthy and deeper Oline. All-in-all I am really liking our chances of increasing our win total and winning the south division next year.

if the qb situation plays out well we will be similar to this year, but i do believe that is a big if, because Scott has far exceeded expectations. denker is no Scott, so I'm hoping Solomon is a stud from day one.

Veteran
    7-4 and possibly as good as 9-4 when all is said and done.....That is crazy, and I never expected this.
    I can see next year being as good, even without Scott. We have Solomon coming in and I think he can start as a true freshman. The kid has an arm and easily as good a runner as Scott, if not better. Carey and Hill can only get better and our "D" will be much better...IMO.

I was a bit skeptical when RR was hired, but that feeling has long passed....Arizona Football looks to becoming relevant.
    Chino 28 and AztecWildcat like this.

I am so happy that we sit here after our 11th game at 7-4. Close calls against Stanford and Oregon State.....sigh.....UCLA and Oregon are long gone from my mental rolodex.

If we beat AssHatJC, RichRod has to get some Pac-12 COY consideration. Although I suspect Mora wins that honor.

Bear Down.

Program is good now. Thank you Coach Rodriguez and Director Byrne.
    Chino 28 and TexAZCat like this.

Veteran
    There will definitely be a step back next year. We'll survive, though.

Enjoy this season, we take a couple of steps back next season.

Jav
    Veteran
    As long as Carey is rolling our QB should have some opportunities!
    Chino 28 likes this.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jav View Post
    As long as Carey is rolling our QB should have some opportunities!
    Exactly. The playaction is going to be deadly next year. If a QB goes down, we will have plenty of backup options. The future is much brighter considering our defense will be HEALTHY.
    UACHAMPS likes this.

Veteran
    Next year will be fun. Whoever is behind center will have Carey to hand it off to and Hill to throw it to. Both will be Juniors. And if Terrence Miller is granted a medical redshirt, then we will have as good of a tandem, in my opinion, as we had last year with Criner and Buckner. Whoever ends up beating out Denker will have some fun toys to play with and a line that will be solid in front of him.

Defense can't get worse. Flowers seems like he is getting better every game in his new role. And an offseason of workouts will just keep benefiting him.

That D line is my biggest question mark. If Kelly or someone else can step up and pressure the QB, then we will have a pretty successful season.
    TexAZCat and UACHAMPS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    Enjoy this season, we take a couple of steps back next season.
    Disagree. We lose Scott but upgrade at literally every other position. Anu is no scrub, Kadeem will be another year improved, we lose 1 player off our O-Line and we recruited considerably more talent on D.
    TexAZCat and UACHAMPS like this.

Isham should be fine at QB next year
    BearDown05 likes this.

Super Moderator
    Arizona will not step back next season.
    There will be added depth across the board.
    The Cats were able to red-shirt many freshmen and there are plenty of recruits on the way.
    Getting to a Bowl game this year is huge and will allow for more practice time.
    The Wildcats will be bowling again next year!
    BearDown05 and UACHAMPS like this.
    Arizona Wildcat Football - "ALL IN"
    "HARD EDGE"
    Every Down - BEAR DOWN

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Fan09 View Post
    Disagree. We lose Scott but upgrade at literally every other position. Anu is no scrub, Kadeem will be another year improved, we lose 1 player off our O-Line and we recruited considerably more talent on D.
    Actually we lose Bisken and Quinn who are definitely our better OL players. We also
    lose Bachman, Ward and Zink who have started and or have played significantly lately
    due to injuries.

+ Reply to Thread