North Endzone Expansion Webcam...
 Brought to you by the Coast 2 Coast Hoops Network

Like Us On Facebook Follow Us On Twitter  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: North Endzone Expansion Webcam...

Super Moderator

North Endzone Expansion Webcam...

TexAZCat, Cat Fan09 and Bay Cat like this.

Rookie
    i cant wait to see them take down that hideous video board and the high school bleachers.

Sweet! Do we know when the official ground breaking day is? I know it is this month but I have not seen an exact day as of yet.

Jav
    Veteran
    Something tells me you won't be able to see the girls on the stairmasters at night from the position of this web cam :-)

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jav View Post
    Something tells me you won't be able to see the girls on the stairmasters at night from the position of this web cam :-)
    you're pretty sick chubbs lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Cat View Post
    you're pretty sick chubbs lol
    Did you not see the other web cam during the scoreboard? Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Jav View Post
    LMAO. I finally got that joke.
    Jav likes this.

Bleachers are getting demolished!

Veteran
    The bleacheers are coming down, TODAY.

Place is going to look amazing when it is completed, I cannot wait!
    AztecWildcat likes this.

I hope they build the **** out of the north end zone!

. . . ^ . . .

Bump!

Was looking over the condtruction schedule and the lower bowl seating is scheduled to be completed in August of this year. Makes me curious as to whether or not it would be safe to sit there and if they will have it open. Most of the exterior work seems that it will be done by August, leaving mostly the interior at that point.

Going to be interesting to see what happens.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerCat View Post
    Was looking over the condtruction schedule and the lower bowl seating is scheduled to be completed in August of this year. Makes me curious as to whether or not it would be safe to sit there and if they will have it open. Most of the exterior work seems that it will be done by August, leaving mostly the interior at that point.

Going to be interesting to see what happens.
    Just the bowl will be complete, they won't have the seats put in and ready until the 2013 season. It's gonna be an empty north part of the stadium in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Wize View Post
    Just the bowl will be complete, they won't have the seats put in and ready until the 2013 season. It's gonna be an empty north part of the stadium in 2012.
    Gotcha, just said "bowl seating" complete by August 2012.

Super Moderator

Veteran
    Love the tie, Greg.

Awesome. Thanks for posting Wize.

Head Administrator IT'S MILLER TIME's Avatar
    Today's Arizona Stadium groundbreaking isn't one at all.

Construction crews started working on the $72 million north end zone project Jan. 9, demolishing the old scoreboard and aluminum bleachers and clearing the way for a new foundation. Curious fans have been tracking the construction through a live webcam since then, taking note of every crane and dumpster.

This afternoon's ceremony is, well, strictly ceremonial.

"It's a chance to show Arizona football is moving forward, and it's an exciting day for our football program, our new coaching staff, and our fans and donors," athletic director Greg Byrne said.

Given how long the UA has waited, a party's definitely in order. Athletic department officials have been discussing an Arizona Stadium expansion since the Dick Tomey era, when winning teams - and good feelings - prompted people to think big. Three coaches, two athletic directors and 15 years later, the old stadium is getting the facelift it desperately needs. The project should be completed in time for the 2013 football season.

Here's a look at the north end zone project through the years:

July 2007: UA athletic director Jim Livengood unveils a master plan that includes expanding Arizona Stadium to 70,000 seats and relocating the entire football plant - office, locker rooms and meeting areas - to a new building on the stadium's north side. Livengood, a pragmatist, vows to take his time.

"A lot of people have made mistakes adding seats too early," he says. "So we will proceed with caution. We'll study facilities all over the country and look into what makes the most sense."

November 2009: Arizona alums Jeff and Sharon Stevens donate $10 million, the largest one-time gift in athletic department history, and earmark it for Arizona Stadium expansion. The El Paso couple's gift moves the north end zone project closer to reality. The total cost of construction, $72 million, is announced for the first time.

December 2009: Livengood is told the UA won't extend his contract past spring 2010 and, after interviewing and speaking to a public forum, is named UNLV's new athletic director. Senior associate athletic director Kathleen "Rocky" LaRose replaces Livengood on an interim basis while the UA searches for his replacement.

January 2010: The Arizona Board of Regents approves the stadium's north end zone project, allowing the university to begin raising private funds to pay for it.

March 2010: The UA hires Greg Byrne, a master fundraiser from Mississippi State, as Livengood's full-time replacement. Byrne turns his attention to stadium expansion, and reaches out to big-name donors for help.

Summer 2010: Wildcats coach Mike Stoops shows blueprints of the north end zone project to recruits with hopes of building a young nucleus of players. At least one, defensive end Reggie Gilbert, is impressed enough to verbally commit on the spot.

October 2010: Byrne says he would consider selling the naming rights to Arizona Stadium or the Wildcats' field if it helps defray the cost of renovating the stadium. Stadium naming rights could fetch as much as $1.4 million annually, according to an expert. Renaming the field alone would cost less.

April 2011: The UA announces three gifts totaling $25.5 million have moved the north end zone project closer to groundbreaking. An anonymous couple donates $11 million to the project, while Tucson auto dealer Jim Click vows $2.5 million. The Stevens family, whose $10 million pledge 18 months earlier started the ball rolling, donates another $2 million. Byrne announces plans to debt-service the remaining cost of the project.

November 2011: The UA hires former Michigan and West Virginia coach Rich Rodriguez to replace Stoops, who was fired in October with his team mired in a 1-5 start. Rodriguez sells the UA as "a destination place," in part because of the new construction and renewed dedication to football.

Today: Arizona will honor the Stevens family and unveil the name of the formerly anonymous donors at a private reception at the stadium. The north end zone project will be formally renamed in honor of the construction project's biggest benefactors.

Up next: Crews will start building a foundation in the next couple weeks, noisy but necessary work as the project moves forward. The Wildcats will not practice in Arizona Stadium during spring drills, but will play there next fall despite the mess. Fans will notice major changes by the time Arizona hosts its first football game of 2012.

"You'll see the steel go up," Byrne said.

Read more: Ceremony acknowledges UA football is advancing
    Head Administrator of www.GoAzWildcats.com

email me @ erikforstell@gmail.com if you are interested in writing/contributing for the site

Exciting times to say the least. Thanks to Byrne and all the donors that are making this possible!

Jav and Cat Fan09 like this.

Veteran
    It's gonna look weird come the season, but I can't wait until it's finished!

Veteran
    I love the WEbcam, living in Hawaii I do not get the chance to see the project. I just hope that during this time they have not ruined the playing field, even though it will only for one year.

hell, i live 30 seconds from the endzone and i love watching the webcam. gives a nice view that you cant see just from walking by, and also noticed they randomly point it at the south endzone to show the new seats being put in. its nice to see some structure goig up.

Quote Originally Posted by obiwan View Post
    I love the WEbcam, living in Hawaii I do not get the chance to see the project. I just hope that during this time they have not ruined the playing field, even though it will only for one year.
    The entire field is torn up right now.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Turf is next season right?

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaD54 View Post
    Turf is next season right?
    turf for 2013 season

looking at the webcam, looks like theyre getting **** done. starting to see more interior structure, as in a 2nd floor being built. if you pay attention you can also see work being done on the south endzone to add more seats. glad to see theyve started that part of the project.

any idea what theyre doing to the benches in the upper section? just cleaning them up or replacing the benches?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by eeisner View Post
    replacing the benches?
    Yep, that's exactly it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wize View Post
    Yep, that's exactly it.
    Are they putting in better seats or is it a straight replace? I didn't see anything wrong with them the way they were if they are just straight replacing them.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

and it looks like the first cement structures where seats are going are getting put up. the project is coming along great.

YES! Finally looking like something recognizable.

Wonder if the skeleton for the north end zone seating is precast. Sure looks like it. GET 'ER DONE!

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaD54 View Post
    YES! Finally looking like something recognizable.

Wonder if the skeleton for the north end zone seating is precast. Sure looks like it. GET 'ER DONE!
    really starting to look great, isnt it? i believe the seating is precast - i can swear i read that somewhere yesterday, but dont remember where.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast