Nick Foles out with broken hand, Michael Vick expected to start at QB
 Brought to you by the Coast 2 Coast Hoops Network

Like Us On Facebook Follow Us On Twitter  

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nick Foles out with broken hand, Michael Vick expected to start at QB

Veteran

News Nick Foles out with broken hand, Michael Vick expected to start at QB

After a tough loss to the Skins, his day got worse. Obviously he is done for the season, but Because it is only fractured, and not a clean break, it should allow him to be completely healthy in a few weeks. I don't think this will hurt his chances of being their starter next year. Current online poll in Philly has 61% saying they want him the starter over Vick.

Curious CAT fans, did you expect him to perform this well? Also, with a healthy O Line next year and new coach, what do you expect from him next year?

Head Administrator IT'S MILLER TIME's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UACHAMPS View Post
    After a tough loss to the Skins, his day got worse. Obviously he is done for the season, but Because it is only fractured, and not a clean break, it should allow him to be completely healthy in a few weeks. I don't think this will hurt his chances of being their starter next year. Current online poll in Philly has 61% saying they want him the starter over Vick.

Curious CAT fans, did you expect him to perform this well? Also, with a healthy O Line next year and new coach, what do you expect from him next year?
    Very unfortunate, but since there's just one game left it is that huge of a deal I guess. If Vick struggles (and based on this year there's a pretty good chance he does) it will further solidify Foles as next year's starter. If/when Andy Reid gets fired, who comes in as the new coach will have an impact on Foles. There are some rumors of Chip Kelly coming in which would be bad for Foles as he doesn't fit what Kelly likes to do on offense.

I expected him to perform about this well. He has performed better than his stats indicate because of the players around him. The talent/production difference between Offenive Lineman Jason Peters, Todd Herremans, and Jason Kelce versus the guys on the O-line replacing them is huge. Foles (and basically all Quarterbacks) are much more effective when they have time to read the defense and let the play develop, so if he's the starter next year he will have a better opportunity to succeed.
    Head Administrator of www.GoAzWildcats.com

email me @ erikforstell@gmail.com if you are interested in writing/contributing for the site

Veteran
    He mends quickly as we hve seen here at Az. He will be back next year as the starter with the Eagles.

I thought all he needed was a chance to shine and he got it and ran with it. It's too bad about his hand but at least there's only one game left. I sure hope they stick with him next year.

Veteran
    If the eagles go after Chip Kelly like rumored I wonder what happens to Foles

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Veteran
    Eagles fire coach Andy Reid - CBSSports.com

also heard Bill O'Brien could be a fit there

+ Reply to Thread