• 1 Post By Jav
  • 1 Post By SanDiegoRedAndBlue
  • 1 Post By NMcat09
  • 1 Post By wiid
  • 2 Post By wiid

Thread: Next two games are must-win, in a way

Veteran

Next two games are must-win, in a way

A win against either Utah or Tempe Normal guarantees both a winning season and a bowl game. We need to get those two Ws.

both will be very hard, and we can easily lose both without scott. I effing hate Utah, and it stems from my hatred of their basketball team and what they have done to my basket cats.

Veteran
    Scott plays in the next game and I expect him to have a lights out game to beat the utes. The asu game will be a track meet, IMO, with the team who has the ball last winning.

Veteran
    Unfortunately, we are now out of the Pac-12 South race since the winner of the USC-UCLA game will finish ahead of us in the standings even if we win against Utah and ASU. Damn.

Veteran
    Utah will be and is tough at home.

Cats are playing with house money now. Many did not expect the UofA to be in a bowl game in RichRods first season. Whether we go 2-0 or 0-2 to finish the season, I think 2012 is a success.

This team has a real shot at beating Utah and ASU, which would put them at 8-4. I bet none of us at the beginning of the year would have predicted that.

Veteran

Uaflag1

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaD54 View Post
    This team has a real shot at beating Utah and ASU, which would put them at 8-4. I bet none of us at the beginning of the year would have predicted that.
    Actually several people said we could go 8-4 this year. Go back and follow the preseason thread.

Veteran
    I admit I predicted 6-6.

Jav
    Veteran
    I said I would be very happy with any bowl game this year, and I stand by that statement. RichRod has done more than I expected. I knew our defense would be bad, but I didn't expect his offense to be this effective in his first year.
    IT'S MILLER TIME likes this.

I predicted 6-6 as well. 8-4 should get Rich Rod COY consideration.

Sent from a not as smart as an iPhone phone, using Tapatalk2

Rookie
    Question: If Mike Stoops (and his staff from last year) was coaching this team, this season, what do you think our record would be at this point?

I do not think we would have beaten Toledo, OK State (100% certain), USC and maybe UW. I think Rich-Rod has pulled a couple of rabbits from the hat and won win with smoke and mirrors He has done a GREAT job.

the only "must win" on the schedule has been asu in my book

Veteran
    I doubt we'd be doing as well. We'd struggle more on offense since the no-huddle has been such a great tool for our offense and the defense would be having issues as well.
    BearDown29 likes this.

I remember starting a poll at the beginning of the year asking how people thought Matt would do this year. IMT actually predicted an 8-4 season. I think the dude actually has some sort of psychic abilities.
    IT'S MILLER TIME likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NMcat09 View Post
    I remember starting a poll at the beginning of the year asking how people thought Matt would do this year. IMT actually predicted an 8-4 season. I think the dude actually has some sort of psychic abilities.
    This season has most certainly exceeded expectations by me. That's for damn sure. But I'm a negative nillie.

And, not to dwell on this too much, but having Matt Scott for RR's first year has been a huge advantage, but one that I hope doesn't inflate expectations for next year due to the huge question we will have at QB and the otherwise obvious and covered ad nauseum flaws of our defense.
    Last edited by Palpalife; 11-14-2012 at 04:13 PM.

what possible meaning does the utah game mean? perhaps a more significant bowl game? The only for real must win is against that school in tempe. (is it still true that they print the diploma with crayola?)

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Zissou View Post
    Question: If Mike Stoops (and his staff from last year) was coaching this team, this season, what do you think our record would be at this point?

I do not think we would have beaten Toledo, OK State (100% certain), USC and maybe UW. I think Rich-Rod has pulled a couple of rabbits from the hat and won win with smoke and mirrors He has done a GREAT job.

the only "must win" on the schedule has been asu in my book
    I don't think smoke and mirrors has anything to do with it. RR respects the kids and they respect him back. He is clearly coaching them better, allowing them to believe they can win. You can see an absolute change in the locker room atmosphere. RR also has a total package when it comes to his staff, you can't top our coordinators. Stoops would have failed hard again this year with this squad. poops would have thrown in the towel with all the injuries.

Veteran
    The latest report from the Daily Star says that Scott participated in practice today and is progressing well. I still say sit him for the Utah game and only bring him in if absolutely necessary. I think Denker can handle Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoRedAndBlue View Post
    The latest report from the Daily Star says that Scott participated in practice today and is progressing well. I still say sit him for the Utah game and only bring him in if absolutely necessary. I think Denker can handle Utah.
    agreed. i want us to win BAD. but not at the expense of possibly ruining a great young mans future health.

+ Reply to Thread