Message From Greg Byrne about Hank Hobson and Matt Scott
 Brought to you by the Coast 2 Coast Hoops Network

Like Us On Facebook Follow Us On Twitter  

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Message From Greg Byrne about Hank Hobson and Matt Scott

Head Administrator IT'S MILLER TIME's Avatar

Message From Greg Byrne about Hank Hobson and Matt Scott

“I wanted to update you on Hank Hobson and Matt Scott. Typically, we do not comment on student-athlete’s health. Due to the nature of these injuries, and the attention they have drawn, in particular to Matt, I thought I’d provide you with an update. First off with Hank, he is back in Tucson after spending Saturday night in Los Angeles. Hank’s parents were in attendance at the game. I met them on the sideline and went to see Hank shortly after he left the field. Yesterday, I saw Hank in the training room walking around and he was in good spirits. I am not sure of his status for Saturday. You’ll be updated through our normal Thursday injury report."

"I have spoken with Matt and he has allowed me to share a few details of this otherwise private information. I can’t go into detail because of student privacy laws but just wanted to provide a few general comments. Our medical staff has conducted daily evaluations and continuously monitored Matt. Last Friday, we did our final evaluation and concluded with an exertional-Impact test."

"Through that evaluation, Matt was medically and clinically approved to play (against UCLA). At UCLA, Matt did suffer a concussion during the game. Many of you saw him receive a blow to the head, I think with a knee and that resulted in a concussion. Our medical staff has taken great care of him. Matt will be observed and evaluated daily. The final decision on whether or not he is going to play will be made by our medical staff. His status will be shared with the Thursday injury report, as well.”

“There’s been a lot of attention on this topic and Matt’s status. One of the things we pride ourselves on is being open and transparent as much as we can within privacy laws. We wanted to be able to give you an update.”

“We went through the process of evaluating Matt throughout the week. We took the proper steps and procedures, and we were able to do the final exertional-Impact test on Friday. He was medically cleared to play (against UCLA).”

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/2...clipId=7924122
    Last edited by IT'S MILLER TIME; 11-06-2012 at 03:46 AM.
    Head Administrator of www.GoAzWildcats.com

email me @ erikforstell@gmail.com if you are interested in writing/contributing for the site

Very cool that he shared that. Hope they both get healthy whether they play or not on Saturday isn't important, they just need to be healthy.

I dont think its cool that he shared it personally because this is a classic example of covering your ass and doing damage control.

+ Reply to Thread