asu....Not very impressive.
 Brought to you by the Coast 2 Coast Hoops Network

Like Us On Facebook Follow Us On Twitter  

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree10Likes
  • 5 Post By UACHAMPS
  • 2 Post By BearDown05
  • 1 Post By UACHAMPS
  • 1 Post By LJTucson
  • 1 Post By CADWELL

Thread: asu....Not very impressive.

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    316

    Siren Sm asu....Not very impressive.

    Fellow CATS, looking over the asu season and their "body of work" todate, it has become very apparent that they are NOT very good.

    1. asu has 5 wins against FBS schools with a COMBINED W-L record of 8-43 vs other FBS schools.
    (Il 1-9, Utes 3-7, Cal 2-9, wsu 1-9 and Co 1-9...Plus a loss vs Sac st.) Another words, they are 0-5 against teams with a winning record. I would love to know their RPI.

    2. ARIZONA is 4-4 vs FBS teams with a winning record....a play or two from beating Stanford and osu would have made us 6-2. Our schedule was much more challenging. Heck asu got Cal and wsu and we didn't.

    3. On the road, against teams with winning records, asu has scored only 21 while surrendering 33...On average.

    4. Arizona At home averages 44pts a game while giving up 29 to FBS schools....does asu still qualify as an FBS school?

    5. Kelly throws, on average, 2 picks against winning teams. They will lose if he does that Friday.

    6. Against FBS teams with a winning record, Marshall and Foster combined average rushing is 65 yards per game....Nonexistent....As for Carey, well, there is no comparison.


    By the NUMBERS, the CATS should roll....49-28. I know, it is a Rivalry game, but I like our odds.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    143
    Great analysis. If we can keep Sutton out of our backfield we will be OK. And the way our O-Line owned Star, thought to be the best D-Lineman in the country, I have every bit of confidence that our Cats win this.
    BearDown29 and Chino 28 like this.

  3. #3
    Veteran AztecWildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    320
    I don't think we will roll but I do think we win and here is why:

    It's obvious by now our defense is our biggest weakness.

    But all of our losses came to teams who established a ground attack. Thankfully ASU is a pass heavy offense.



    Oregon state ran 43 times and passed 45 times. With 4.2 yards per rush. UCLA attempted only 30 passes and rushed 63 times. Oregon and Stanford also ran the ball well against us.

    In our notable victories our opponents went with the air attack, both USC had 49 pass attempts to 26 rush attempts while Oklahoma State had 60 passes to 32 rushes.

  4. #4
    Veteran wiid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by UACHAMPS View Post
    Fellow CATS, looking over the asu season and their "body of work" todate, it has become very apparent that they are NOT very good.

    1. asu has 5 wins against FBS schools with a COMBINED W-L record of 8-43 vs other FBS schools.
    (Il 1-9, Utes 3-7, Cal 2-9, wsu 1-9 and Co 1-9...Plus a loss vs Sac st.) Another words, they are 0-5 against teams with a winning record. I would love to know their RPI.

    2. ARIZONA is 4-4 vs FBS teams with a winning record....a play or two from beating Stanford and osu would have made us 6-2. Our schedule was much more challenging. Heck asu got Cal and wsu and we didn't.

    3. On the road, against teams with winning records, asu has scored only 21 while surrendering 33...On average.

    4. Arizona At home averages 44pts a game while giving up 29 to FBS schools....does asu still qualify as an FBS school?

    5. Kelly throws, on average, 2 picks against winning teams. They will lose if he does that Friday.

    6. Against FBS teams with a winning record, Marshall and Foster combined average rushing is 65 yards per game....Nonexistent....As for Carey, well, there is no comparison.


    By the NUMBERS, the CATS should roll....49-28. I know, it is a Rivalry game, but I like our odds.





    get your own prediction hoser. lol jk i don't mind, great minds think alike.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    316
    Quote Originally Posted by AztecWildcat View Post
    I don't think we will roll but I do think we win and here is why:

    It's obvious by now our defense is our biggest weakness.

    But all of our losses came to teams who established a ground attack. Thankfully ASU is a pass heavy offense.



    Oregon state ran 43 times and passed 45 times. With 4.2 yards per rush. UCLA attempted only 30 passes and rushed 63 times. Oregon and Stanford also ran the ball well against us.

    In our notable victories our opponents went with the air attack, both USC had 49 pass attempts to 26 rush attempts while Oklahoma State had 60 passes to 32 rushes.
    Aztec, good points. I think another key to our win is to keep asu from having a fast start. Their team tends to get quick points early but against good teams, they fade quickly. You maybe right about it being close, and it probably will because of the rivalry, but I am hoping for an old fashion wood shed beating.
    Chino 28 likes this.

  6. #6
    Veteran LJTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    188
    All I know is that if this game comes down us needing a field goal to win, I'm going to need a defibrillator.

  7. #7
    Veteran AztecWildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by LJTucson View Post
    All I know is that if this game comes down us needing a field goal to win, I'm going to need a defibrillator.
    It should be noted that not only does our field goal kicker have a higher percentage than ASU's FG kicker, 66% versus 55%. But he's had more attempts and his career long is few more yards than ASU's.

  8. #8
    Veteran LJTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    188
    Oh, I understand that I just don't want a close game. It's too nerve racking for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by AztecWildcat View Post
    It should be noted that not only does our field goal kicker have a higher percentage than ASU's FG kicker, 66% versus 55%. But he's had more attempts and his career long is few more yards than ASU's.
    AdolfOliverBush likes this.

  9. #9
    Veteran AztecWildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by LJTucson View Post
    Oh, I understand that I just don't want a close game. It's too nerve racking for me.
    Hahaha I feel ya

  10. #10
    Head Administrator IT'S MILLER TIME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    1,641
    Good analysis, I'd be surprised if its close in the 2nd half.

    Sent from my motorola atrix 4g using tapatalk 2
    Head Administrator of www.GoAzWildcats.com

    email me @ erikforstell@gmail.com if you are interested in writing/contributing for the site



  11. #11
    Veteran Cat Fan09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    195
    55-29. No mercy in this dojo.

  12. #12
    Veteran CADWELL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by LJTucson View Post
    Oh, I understand that I just don't want a close game. It's too nerve racking for me.
    LJTucson, be prepared...It may be close and it will be nerve racking LOL...Let me suggeststicking a fork in a electrical receptacle.

    Can't wait for this game...tired of seeing the "closet" ASWHO clowns sporting those ugly colors.
    LJTucson likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
  • Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts

    Coast 2 Coast Network


    Coast 2 Coast Hoops

    Arizona Wildcats Basketball

    Duke Blue Devils Basketball

    Washington Huskies Basketball

    Kentucky Wildcats Basketball

    Ohio State Buckeyes Sports

    Louisville Cardinals Sports

    Indiana Hoosiers Basketball

     


    UNC Tar Heels Basketball

    Syracuse Orange Basketball

    UConn Huskies Basketball

    UCLA Bruins Sports

    Arizona Wildcats Football

    UNLV Runnin' Rebels Basketball

    Michigan Wolverines Sports

    Contact Us


    Contact Us

    Advertise with Us

    Send us News

    Write For Us

    Be Social


    Follow Us on Facebook

    Follow Us on Twitter

    View Our Youtube Channel

    Grab Our RSS Feed

    Need Help


    Mark Forums Read

    Frequently Asked Questions

    Privacy Policy

    Terms Of Service

    Staff