• 5 Post By UACHAMPS
  • 2 Post By BearDown05
  • 1 Post By UACHAMPS
  • 1 Post By LJTucson
  • 1 Post By CADWELL

Thread: asu....Not very impressive.

Veteran

Siren Sm asu....Not very impressive.

Fellow CATS, looking over the asu season and their "body of work" todate, it has become very apparent that they are NOT very good.

1. asu has 5 wins against FBS schools with a COMBINED W-L record of 8-43 vs other FBS schools.
    (Il 1-9, Utes 3-7, Cal 2-9, wsu 1-9 and Co 1-9...Plus a loss vs Sac st.) Another words, they are 0-5 against teams with a winning record. I would love to know their RPI.

2. ARIZONA is 4-4 vs FBS teams with a winning record....a play or two from beating Stanford and osu would have made us 6-2. Our schedule was much more challenging. Heck asu got Cal and wsu and we didn't.

3. On the road, against teams with winning records, asu has scored only 21 while surrendering 33...On average.

4. Arizona At home averages 44pts a game while giving up 29 to FBS schools....does asu still qualify as an FBS school?

5. Kelly throws, on average, 2 picks against winning teams. They will lose if he does that Friday.

6. Against FBS teams with a winning record, Marshall and Foster combined average rushing is 65 yards per game....Nonexistent....As for Carey, well, there is no comparison.

By the NUMBERS, the CATS should roll....49-28. I know, it is a Rivalry game, but I like our odds.

Veteran
    Great analysis. If we can keep Sutton out of our backfield we will be OK. And the way our O-Line owned Star, thought to be the best D-Lineman in the country, I have every bit of confidence that our Cats win this.
    BearDown29 and Chino 28 like this.

I don't think we will roll but I do think we win and here is why:

It's obvious by now our defense is our biggest weakness.

But all of our losses came to teams who established a ground attack. Thankfully ASU is a pass heavy offense.

Oregon state ran 43 times and passed 45 times. With 4.2 yards per rush. UCLA attempted only 30 passes and rushed 63 times. Oregon and Stanford also ran the ball well against us.

In our notable victories our opponents went with the air attack, both USC had 49 pass attempts to 26 rush attempts while Oklahoma State had 60 passes to 32 rushes.

Quote Originally Posted by UACHAMPS View Post
    Fellow CATS, looking over the asu season and their "body of work" todate, it has become very apparent that they are NOT very good.

1. asu has 5 wins against FBS schools with a COMBINED W-L record of 8-43 vs other FBS schools.
    (Il 1-9, Utes 3-7, Cal 2-9, wsu 1-9 and Co 1-9...Plus a loss vs Sac st.) Another words, they are 0-5 against teams with a winning record. I would love to know their RPI.

2. ARIZONA is 4-4 vs FBS teams with a winning record....a play or two from beating Stanford and osu would have made us 6-2. Our schedule was much more challenging. Heck asu got Cal and wsu and we didn't.

3. On the road, against teams with winning records, asu has scored only 21 while surrendering 33...On average.

4. Arizona At home averages 44pts a game while giving up 29 to FBS schools....does asu still qualify as an FBS school?

5. Kelly throws, on average, 2 picks against winning teams. They will lose if he does that Friday.

6. Against FBS teams with a winning record, Marshall and Foster combined average rushing is 65 yards per game....Nonexistent....As for Carey, well, there is no comparison.

By the NUMBERS, the CATS should roll....49-28. I know, it is a Rivalry game, but I like our odds.

get your own prediction hoser. lol jk i don't mind, great minds think alike.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by AztecWildcat View Post
    I don't think we will roll but I do think we win and here is why:

It's obvious by now our defense is our biggest weakness.

But all of our losses came to teams who established a ground attack. Thankfully ASU is a pass heavy offense.

Oregon state ran 43 times and passed 45 times. With 4.2 yards per rush. UCLA attempted only 30 passes and rushed 63 times. Oregon and Stanford also ran the ball well against us.

In our notable victories our opponents went with the air attack, both USC had 49 pass attempts to 26 rush attempts while Oklahoma State had 60 passes to 32 rushes.
    Aztec, good points. I think another key to our win is to keep asu from having a fast start. Their team tends to get quick points early but against good teams, they fade quickly. You maybe right about it being close, and it probably will because of the rivalry, but I am hoping for an old fashion wood shed beating.
    Chino 28 likes this.

All I know is that if this game comes down us needing a field goal to win, I'm going to need a defibrillator.

Quote Originally Posted by LJTucson View Post
    All I know is that if this game comes down us needing a field goal to win, I'm going to need a defibrillator.
    It should be noted that not only does our field goal kicker have a higher percentage than ASU's FG kicker, 66% versus 55%. But he's had more attempts and his career long is few more yards than ASU's.

Oh, I understand that I just don't want a close game. It's too nerve racking for me.

Quote Originally Posted by AztecWildcat View Post
    It should be noted that not only does our field goal kicker have a higher percentage than ASU's FG kicker, 66% versus 55%. But he's had more attempts and his career long is few more yards than ASU's.
    AdolfOliverBush likes this.

Oh, I understand that I just don't want a close game. It's too nerve racking for me.
    Hahaha I feel ya

Head Administrator IT'S MILLER TIME's Avatar
    Good analysis, I'd be surprised if its close in the 2nd half.

Sent from my motorola atrix 4g using tapatalk 2
    Head Administrator of www.GoAzWildcats.com

email me @ erikforstell@gmail.com if you are interested in writing/contributing for the site

55-29. No mercy in this dojo.

LJTucson, be prepared...It may be close and it will be nerve racking LOL...Let me suggeststicking a fork in a electrical receptacle.

Can't wait for this game...tired of seeing the "closet" ASWHO clowns sporting those ugly colors.
    LJTucson likes this.

+ Reply to Thread