Fellow CATS, looking over the asu season and their "body of work" todate, it has become very apparent that they are NOT very good.
1. asu has 5 wins against FBS schools with a COMBINED W-L record of 8-43 vs other FBS schools.
(Il 1-9, Utes 3-7, Cal 2-9, wsu 1-9 and Co 1-9...Plus a loss vs Sac st.) Another words, they are 0-5 against teams with a winning record. I would love to know their RPI.
2. ARIZONA is 4-4 vs FBS teams with a winning record....a play or two from beating Stanford and osu would have made us 6-2. Our schedule was much more challenging. Heck asu got Cal and wsu and we didn't.
3. On the road, against teams with winning records, asu has scored only 21 while surrendering 33...On average.
4. Arizona At home averages 44pts a game while giving up 29 to FBS schools....does asu still qualify as an FBS school?
5. Kelly throws, on average, 2 picks against winning teams. They will lose if he does that Friday.
6. Against FBS teams with a winning record, Marshall and Foster combined average rushing is 65 yards per game....Nonexistent....As for Carey, well, there is no comparison.
By the NUMBERS, the CATS should roll....49-28. I know, it is a Rivalry game, but I like our odds.