Arizona to New Mexico Bowl is Official
 Brought to you by the Coast 2 Coast Hoops Network

Like Us On Facebook Follow Us On Twitter  

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arizona to New Mexico Bowl is Official

Head Administrator IT'S MILLER TIME's Avatar

Arizona to New Mexico Bowl is Official

While it is somewhat disappointing Arizona ended up in the New Mexico Bowl instead of the Vegas, Sun, or Kraf-Hunger bowls, it is still a great accomplishment with the expectations of this team going into the year. Unfortunately it is the same day as Arizona's basketball game with Florida, but a bowl is still a bowl. Politics played a part in the bowls for the PAC-12 team, but ultimately as soon as Arizona lost to ASU it was out of our hands. Let's bear down, continue to support this team, and beat Nevada!
    Head Administrator of www.GoAzWildcats.com

email me @ erikforstell@gmail.com if you are interested in writing/contributing for the site

Veteran
    The 2 leading rushers in the game

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    The leading rushers in the game

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Exactly, the top two rushers in the nation. Neither team has the best run defense either so it could be a shootout with tons of yardage on the ground.

email me @ erikforstell@gmail.com if you are interested in writing/contributing for the site

I'm grateful that we're even in a bowl this year. Here's to winning and leaving this season on a high note!
    Last edited by LJTucson; 12-03-2012 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Correct Mistake

If I didn't have a family member graduating from the UA that same day, I would make the drive! Definitely be watching it though!

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaD54 View Post
    If I didn't have a family member graduating from the UA that same day, I would make the drive! Definitely be watching it though!
    Ya I'm graduating that day so won't be able to make it. Hopefully others can make it out there though and show the team some support for their hard work this year.

Quote Originally Posted by LJTucson View Post
    At least it's not the same day as the basketball game against Florida for those of us who like to watch both sports. I'm also grateful that we're even in a bowl this year. Here's to winning and leaving this season on a high note!
    Both games are actually December 15th -__-. Different times of the day though at least. Arizona will be on ESPN just about all day that day.

Quote Originally Posted by LJTucson View Post
    At least it's not the same day as the basketball game against Florida for those of us who like to watch both sports. I'm also grateful that we're even in a bowl this year. Here's to winning and leaving this season on a high note!
    Huh? Sarcasm about not being the same day? This bowl selection sucks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** me. I was hoping this wouldn't happen.

My bad. I looked it up and it said it was on the 17th - I sincerely apologize for the error. If you look here it says one place the 15th and a couple of other places the 17th and all I saw was the 17th. I didn't notice it said Saturday, December 17th which I know is incorrect.

http://www.gildannewmexicobowl.com/i...ew-Mexico-Bowl
    Last edited by LJTucson; 12-03-2012 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Add clarification.

Any bowl game this season was going to be a success, so I am happy Ill be watching some more Wildcats football in December. Disappointed I wont be able to attend the game though, I would've been able to attend had the game been later in the month.

Dec. 2, 2012

TUCSON - University of Arizona football has accepted an invitation to play Nevada at the Gildan New Mexico Bowl, it was announced by the Bowl committee and Arizona Athletics on Sunday. The Wildcats' game with the Wolf Pack will be played Sat., Dec. 15 and will air nationally on ESPN.
    "I'm excited for our seniors," head coach Rich Rodriguez said. "This is exciting for our team and fans and the Gildan New Mexico Bowl is a great one to be at. We are thrilled to be playing in Albuquerque. We'll take advantage of the extra practice time and start preparing for Nevada."

Arizona will participate in its 17th bowl game in program history with the first coming at the 1921 Christmas Classic in San Diego. After a drought from the 1999-2007 seasons, the Wildcats have played in a bowl game in four of the last five seasons, missing only the 2011 campaign. Arizona and Nevada have met three previous times on the gridiron, with the series split evenly at 1-1-1. The Wildcats won the last meeting, 26-7, on Oct. 11, 1941, in Tucson.

"We're thrilled to be part of the Gildan New Mexico Bowl," Athletics Director Greg Byrne said. "It's a great accomplishment for Coach Rodriguez and his staff to earn a bowl bid in their first season. Our players are excited and it means a lot to our senior class. I know The University of Arizona will be well represented by our fans, staff and student-athletes at the Gildan New Mexico Bowl."

To purchase tickets for the Gildan New Mexico Bowl, call 520-621-CATS, visit the McKale Center Ticket Office or purchase online at ArizonaWildcats.com. For complete information on the Gildan New Mexico Bowl, visit ARIZONAWILDCATS.COM - The University of Arizona Wildcats Official Athletic Site - Football or The New Mexico Bowl in Albuquerque New Mexico.

Wildcats Accept Invite for Gildan New Mexico Bowl - ARIZONAWILDCATS.COM - The University of Arizona Wildcats Official Athletic Site

Let's go beat Nevada! Happy that we are in a bowl game and the first one to boot. I actually like the timing because we can get the bowl season over with early. Hopefully heal up our injured roster and focus on next year. But I am really excited to see us play and hopefully get that W.

Hell yes...one more chance tis season to see our Nation's leading rusher and Matt Scott to get some vindication for close losses this year. Congrats to our Wildcats and here's to a big win and close out to a "Beating the Odds" season we had.

Veteran
    Yes. This is great news. Sure, this isn't the bowl game we all were hoping for, but it's a damn bowl game. And when this season started, we would have killed to go to a bowl game. Also, it's winnable. There's nothing like ending the season with a W.

We should all be proud of what this team and the staff have accomplished. If I was living on the West Coast (and especially AZ), I would definitely be there to cheer our cats on!

Im fine with it except for the fact that its at 10 in the morning. I m at the age now if im hammered before noon people think i haver a drinking problem so thanks a lot new mexico bowl. Oh and I m pissed that there is no vegas trip now too.

Rookie
    Just another stage for KaDeem to show he is so much better then any other competition that is behind him in the ranks

Although I'm glad we are going to a Bowl game just wish it was a better paying one for the school. Also, not on the same day as the Florida BBgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Grits3 View Post
    Although I'm glad we are going to a Bowl game just wish it was a better paying one for the school. Also, not on the same day as the Florida BBgame.
    Are we even going to make money off this game? Most bowls usually cost the school money from what I vaguely remember.

Veteran
    Everybody should be ecstatic about the bowl game with the exception of Gildan. There will be a lot of alumni that would prefer to stay & watch the Florida game. It's hard to turn a basketball town into a two-sport school when these conflicts come up. Oh well...I hope the players have fun. I'll definitely enjoy watching two major Arizona events on TV!

Veteran
    If you all can go to the game, I would encourage you to. One of the criteriums that bowl games use to choose a team is how well that team's fan-base travels.

Veteran
    Yeah, we didn't have much of a turnout in San Antonio. Unfortunately, I'll be at the Army/Navy game this weekend & the Diamondhead Classic in two weeks...so Dec 15th is out of the question. Oh well

+ Reply to Thread